drapeaux UK drapeaux francais drapeaux pays bas drapeaux allemand


If you are a pensioner residing outside of France and have worked in France and/or abroad, here are a few tips to help you better understand your entitlements and the paperwork you will need to complete.


Your French retirement pension will be paid to you in your country of residence :

Every year, you will receive a certificate of existence from us: this is a form that you will need to have filled out by the administrative authorities in your country of residence and then send back to us in order to keep drawing your pension. If you do not receive this form, please log in to your personal account on lassuranceretraite.fr and go to the “Submit my certificate of life” (“Transmettre mon certificat de vie”) service.


Once your form has been filled out, you will need to return it to us through your personal account or by mail to the following address:


Carsat Hauts-de-France

Retraite à l’Etranger





Depending on your country of residence, you may qualify for coverage of your health care expenses abroad:


  • If you move permanently to another country, you will need to get a certificate of entitlement to healthcare coverage: once you get to your new country of residence, you will need to fill out an S1 form and submit it to your local health insurance authority (a list of health insurance institutions is available online at http://ec.europa.eu/socialsecurity-directory/).


For all other requests, you can write to the department of members residing abroad at the following address:


Direction des assurés de l'étranger

15 avenue Louis JOUHANNEAU





If your move abroad is only temporary, please contact your local health insurance fund (CPAM) at 3646 (+33 811 70 36 46 if calling from abroad).


  • You will need to apply for entitlement to health care coverage from your country of residence, once you have already moved abroad.


To apply, you will need to fill out the official form and submit it to the health insurance institution in your country of residence. A list of health insurance institutions is available online at http://ec.europa.eu/social-security-directory/.


 Please submit any additional requests in writing to Carsat de TOURS at the following address:


15 avenue Louis Jouhanneau




  • With an S1 form, you (and your family members) will be able to register with the health insurance institutions in the European Union member State where you live, if you are insured in another country. A separate form is required for each family member.


S1 form applications can only be submitted by mail. Please fill out your application on paper and include the following information:


- Date of entry into the country

- Address in the foreign country

- French social security number

Please submit your paper application to:


15 Avenue Louis Jouhanneau




As determined by your circumstances, you may be liable to withholdings such as COTAM (Health Insurance Contribution), CSG (General Social Contribution), or CRDS (Social Debt Repayment Contribution).

You will be required to notify your Carsat of any change in circumstances (e.g. address, family circumstances, etc.).


To learn more…


- Assurance retraite (French pension authority):




- SVB,

- Consulate of your country of residence,

- CFE :  Fund for French Nationals Abroad  


Metropolitan France’s pension insurance network is made up of a total of 15 regional pension and occupational health funds (“caisses [régionales] d'assurance retraite et de santé au travail”/ Carsat). Each Carsat office is a designated processing authority. Carsat Hauts-de-France processes applications from Belgium and the Netherlands.


The designated Carsat for your country of residence is listed below. If your country of residence does not appear on the list, please contact us:


By calling 09 71 10 39 60, the single number for France’s pension insurance system



Designated Carsat

Countries handled by the designated Carsat


Carsat Alsace-Moselle



  Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Turkey


Carsat Aquitaine 



  Argentina, Chile, Spain, Uruguay

Carsat Auvergne


  Israel, Portugal

Carsat Bretagne 


  Greece, Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon

Carsat Bourgogne



Carsat Centre 


  Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, the former
  Yugoslavia: Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Vojvodina

Carsat Centre-Ouest


  Japan, the Philippines, South Korea

CNAV Ile-de-France


  Brazil, Canada, India, the United States
  Benin, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo, Gabon, Ivory Coast,
  Mali, Mauritania, Niger,
  Quebec, Senegal, Togo, Algeria

Carsat Midi-Pyrénées


  Andorra, New Caledonia, Polynesia, Tunisia

Carsat Nord-Est


  Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania,
  Poland, Romania,
  Slovakia, Slovenia

Carsat Hauts-de-France


  Belgium, the Netherlands

Carsat Normandie


  The Channel Islands (Alderney - Herm - Jethou -
  Jersey – Guernsey-Isle of Man),
  Ireland, the United Kingdom

Carsat Pays de la Loire


  Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden

Carsat Rhône-Alpes


  Cyprus, Italy, Malta, San Marino

Carsat Sud-Est


  Monaco, Mayotte, Morocco